Am a keen follower of Microsoft's SharePoint Blog and proud to provide this direct from the Microsoft Tech Community:
“Prepare the umbrella before it rains.” – Malay Proverb
[Update 11/10/19 | many sessions are now available on-demand; same links as below; video embedded into each session page]
Let technology rain. With less than two weeks until Microsoft Ignite 2019, the SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer and Stream speakers are firing on all cylinders to finalize their sessions for this year’s conference. And while the Ignite session catalog is live at https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com, preparing YOUR umbrella from thousands of sessions can take some time even for the veteran attendee. And we’re to help – galoshes at the ready! If you’re passionate about these four technologies, below are most of the sessions to get you started – along with a few closely related sessions we couldn’t not call out.
All SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer and Stream sessions are bucketed by these categories below:
- Jeff Teper’s two big sessions
- Content and team collaboration
- Intelligent intranet
- Harness collective knowledge and Microsoft Search
- Content services, business applications, and the developer platform
- IT Pro: security and administration
- and related theater sessions
Steady your umbrella, find your favorites and +Add to schedule.
First, always suggest attending the Jeff Teper sessions
In the world of SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer, Stream and Office, there is no one better to give you the best insights of what’s to come than Jeff Teper, Corporate Vice President on the engineering side of it all.
Catch Jeff at his main session – one big breakout and a show with Microsoft Mechanics:
- BRK2053 | “The latest innovations in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Office for content collaboration in Microsoft 365” by Jeff Teper (Mon.Nov.4 @ 3:15pm ET)
- THR2273 | “Jeff Teper presents SharePoint, OneDrive and Office updates” by Microsoft Mechanics (Tues.Nov.5 @ 11:30am ET)
Content and team collaboration
Microsoft 365 is designed to be a universal toolkit for teamwork – to give you the right tools for the right task, along with common services to help you seamlessly work across applications. Office is the clear place to start on web, desktop and mobile. SharePoint promotes the intelligent content service backbone that powers teamwork – to better collaborate on proposals, projects, and campaigns throughout your organization – and is integrated with Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Planner, Office 365 Groups and much more.
These sessions put teamwork first:
- CLB30 | “Microsoft OneDrive and intelligent file experiences in Microsoft 365” Jason Moore, Mark Kashman & Miceile Barrett (Tues.Nov.5 @ 12:45pm ET)
- STR30 | “SharePoint updates for teamwork: Sites, pages, lists, and libraries” by Lincoln DeMaris, Olga Dalecka and Mark Kashman (Wed.Nov.6 at 2pm ET)
- BRK3262 | “Microsoft OneDrive deployment and adoption deep-dive” by Gaia Carini and Randy Wong (Fri.Nov.8 @ 9am ET)
- BRK3263 | “External file sharing in Microsoft 365” by Rafael Lopez-Uricoechea and Stephen Rice (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 11:30am ET)
- BRK2056 | “Embrace Office 365 Groups: What’s new and what’s next” by Mike McClean (Mon.Nov.4 @ 4:30pm ET)
- BRK2267 | “How Microsoft is transforming its employee collaboration and what we learned along the way” by David Johnson (Fri.Nov.8 @ 12:45pm ET)
- BRK1010 | “Get more done with Microsoft Planner” by Joanna Parkhurst (Tues.Nov.5 @ 4:30pm)
- BRK1011 | “Tasks at Microsoft: Creating a coherent ecosystem” by Howard Crow and Monika Dragulski (Wed.Nov.6 @ 9am)
- BRK2024 | “Microsoft Planner in Microsoft 365” by Joanna Parkhurst (Fri.Nov.8 @ 11:30am ET)
Intranets remain a mission critical tool of digital transformation. They bring together multiple pieces of information, processes, and people to empower organizations to keep employees engaged and informed and to share knowledge and expertise. Modern SharePoint, along with Yammer and Microsoft Stream, is ready to power your entire intelligent intranet with more engaging, easier to create site and web content experiences that provide industry-leading time to value across mobile, web, and desktop.
These sessions will make you intelligent about the intelligent intranet:
- CLB10 | “SharePoint news and communication sites: Inform and engage your organization” by Brad McCabe (Tues.Nov.5 at 10:15am ET)
- CLB20 | “The intelligent intranet: Connecting the workplace and creating engaging digital experiences with SharePoint” by Brad McCabe (Tues.Nov.5 @ 11:30am ET)
- CLB40 | “Transform communication and learning with intelligent video: What’s new and what’s next for Microsoft Stream” Christina Torok (Tues.Nov.5 @ 3:15pm ET)
- BRK4004 | “Architecting your intelligent intranet with SharePoint hub sites, branding, and site designs” by Melissa Torres (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 2:00pm ET)
- BRK4005 | “Best practices for optimizing performance of SharePoint sites and portals in Microsoft 365” by John Fan (Fri.Nov.8 @ 11:30am ET)
- BRK2233 | “The future of Yammer: Share knowledge, engage leaders, and build communities in Microsoft 365” by Jason Mayans and Steve Nguyen (Tues.Nov.5 at 9am ET)
- BRK3002 | “Using video to connect leaders and employees on Yammer” by Kasia Krzoska (Tues.Nov.5 @ 4:30pm ET)
- BRK3292 | “Sentiment analysis for Yammer posts” by Chris Bortlik (Wed.Nov.6 @ 12:45 ET)
Harness collective knowledge and Microsoft Search
Our world is rapidly transforming. The amount of data each of us must process is ever increasing. And Microsoft Search plus AI meets you wherever you are. From SharePoint to Delve, from Office apps to Bing for your business, harness the collective knowledge of your organization in every experience so everyone can be more engaged and effective every day. Using the intelligence of the Microsoft Graph, relevant content will surface to keep you up to date allowing you to unlock creativity with personalized search and discover people and content in the context of their work.
These sessions will find you before you find them:
- BRK1081 | “Artificial intelligence in an age of social responsibility” by Bill Baer and Jeffrey Snover (Wed.Nov.6 @ 9:15am ET)
- BRK2034 | “What’s new and what’s next: AI-powered experiences in Microsoft 365” by A.J. Brush (Tues.Nov.5 @ 12:45pm ET)
- SRCH10 | “What’s new and next for Microsoft search” by Robin Thomas and Bill Baer (Mon.Nov.4 @ 3:15pm ET)
- SRCH20 | “Microsoft Search for the administrator: What you need to know” by Kerem Yuceturk and Jeff Kizner (Tues.Nov.5 @ 3:15pm)
- SRCH50 | “What’s new and next for Microsoft Search customization and development” Thursday 11:30-12:15 Nicolas Moreau; Mikael Svenson; Kerem Yuceturk
- SRCH30 | “Get answers in context with semantic search and natural language in Microsoft search” by Youngji Kim (Wed.Nov.6 @ 9am ET)
- SRCH40 | “Connect your world of information to Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Search: A sneak peek at Microsoft Graph Connectors” by James Lau, John Back, Sebastian Klatt, Tony Malandain, and Christian Gross (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 10:15am ET)
Content services, business applications, and the developer platform
Most processes center on content – files and data. SharePoint gives you tools to gather and manage data in lists and libraries, while Microsoft 365 provides connections to a range of third-party systems with Microsoft Flow and PowerApps, and new streamlined business processes delivered and integrated to Microsoft Teams.
And, devs, we got you covered, too: yo
These sessions fill up your low-to-no code solution’ing thru to custom apps and APIs:
- CLB50 | “Project Cortex: What’s new and what’s next” by Chris McNulty and Naomi Moneypenny (Tues.Nov.5 @ 4:30pm ET)
- COMP10 | “Know your data: Use intelligence to identify, protect, and govern your important data” by Maithili Dandige and Shilpa Ranganathan (Tues.Nov.5 @ 9am ET)
- COMP30 | “Harness your data explosion with intelligent information governance” by Shilpa Ranganathan and Roberto Yglesias (Tues.Nov.5 @ 11:15am ET)
- BRK4008 | “Kick-start your development with SharePoint Developer Community (PnP) open-source projects and assets” by Vesa Juvonen (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 4:30pm ET)
- BRK3071 | “SharePoint development for enterprises: What’s new and what’s next” by Luca Bandinelli (Wed.Nov.6 @ 10:15am ET)
- BRK2294 | “Modernizing InfoPath forms with PowerApps” by Emma Cooper and Chakkaradeep Chandran (Fri.Nov.8 @ 11:45am ET)
- STR20 |”Business process solutions with SharePoint lists and libraries, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow” by Chakkaradeep Chandran (Wed.Nov.6 @ 11:30am ET)
- BRK3289 | “The Power Platform for SharePoint people” by Ed Hild (Tues.Nov.5 @ 11:30am ET)
IT Pro: security and administration
With growing digital data in your organizations, need for simplified governance of this corporate data and staying current in compliance are becoming critical for business’s success. With OneDrive, SharePoint and Microsoft 365, your data is in the most secure and compliant place. And we continue the journey to modernize the entire admin experience. The new admin and security centers offer much more control for migration, compliance and overall management of your modern workspace.
These sessions give you the control to manage your Ignite IT Pro needs:
- BRK2051 | “What’s new and what’s next: Security and compliance in SharePoint and OneDrive” by Navjot Virk and Sesha Mani (Tues.Nov.5 @ 2pm ET)
- BRK3006 | “Migration to SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams in Microsoft 365, free and easy” by Hani Loza and Yogesh Ratnaparkhi (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 4:30pm ET)
- BRK2052 | “What’s new and next: SharePoint and OneDrive administration” by Dieter Jansen and Zohar Raz (Wed.Nov.6 @ 12:45pm ET)
- BRK3291 | “Securing, governing, and protecting your Office 365 investments” by Chris Bortlik (Tues.Nov.5 @ 12:45 ET)
- BRK2178 | “Learn how FastTrack can help you migrate your data to Microsoft 365” by Tom Wisnowski (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 3:15pm ET)
All related Theater sessions
Theater sessions are short (20 minutes) and super packed with information. If you want to learn a lot in a targeted fashion in a short amount of time, these theater sessions are for you:
- THR3070 | “Rethinking reliability and health for OneDrive sync” by Galina Reznick (Tues.Nov.5 @ 3:40pm ET)
- THR2029 | “Microsoft OneDrive on the go: the intelligent mobile files app for Microsoft 365” by Ethan Sherman (Mon.Nov.4 @ 2:15pm ET)
- THR2250 | “How Microsoft drove employee adoption of OneDrive for Business for content storage” by Anne Marie Suchanek (Wed.Nov.6 @ 11:30am ET)
- THR3017 | “Live on stage: Build an intelligent intranet featuring SharePoint home sites” by Debjani Mitra (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 10:20am ET)
- THR2294 | “Building thriving Yammer communities for knowledge sharing” by Kaleem Rahman and Angus Florance (Tues.Nov.5 @ 11:15pm ET)
- THR2253 | “How to make your content discoverable in SharePoint and Microsoft Search” by Sam Crewdson (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 12:05pm ET)
- THR1074 | “Learn more about intelligent information governance across all your data” by Roberto Yglesias (Tues.Nov.5 @ 9:35am ET)
- THR3071 | “Transform internal communications with SharePoint news” by Debjani Mitra (Wed.Nov.6 @ 3:05pm ET)
- THR3069 | “Tips and tricks for branding your SharePoint sites” by Denise Trabona (Fri.Nov.8 @ 9:35am ET)
- THR4003 | “SharePoint architecture behind the scenes” by Zach Rosenfield (Tues.Nov.5 @ 9am ET)
- THR3018 | “Optimize your network connectivity to SharePoint Online” by Shyam Narayan (Tues.Nov.5 @ 10:55am ET)
- THR3010 | “Getting started with out-of-box Microsoft Graph Connectors for Microsoft Search” by Shivakumar Seetharaman and Harshit Kumar (Wed.Nov.6 @ 4:20pm ET)
- THR4000 | “Hands on with the new Microsoft Search API in the Microsoft Graph” by Nicolas Moreau (Thurs.Nov.7 @ 9:35am ET)
Ignite 2019 (November 4-8 in Orlando, FL, USA)
If you are interested in talking to Microsoft 1:1 about #OneDrive and #SharePoint at #MSIgnite? Sign up for a hands-on session with the OneDrive and SharePoint research team. #BeHeard
The Microsoft Ignite conference is happening in Orlando from November 4-8. Ignite is Microsoft’s annual gathering of technology leaders and practitioners. It’s a full week of visionary discussions and hands-on learning about the latest tools and insights that are driving tomorrow’s innovations.
- Connect with 25,000+ people, 1000+ sessions, and 200+ hands-on experiences + a Vision Keynote with Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella.
- Learning about the latest tools in cloud technology, as well as development techniques that will help us better manage our infrastructure and migrate legacy workloads.
- Connecting with experts and other tech professionals who are working through the same business challenges we are, and who have shared interests.
- Exploring the latest in productivity and security through interactive experiences, hands-on demos, labs, and training sessions.
And whether you attend Ignite or not, take a look at Microsoft Ignite | The Tour, a global series of two-day tech events bringing Microsoft experts to a city near you.
Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you all in Orlando and beyond,
The above is kindly provided by the Microsoft Tech Community!